Hook's UT Place {CMM} 68.232.181.236:7777

Originally Established 8/11/2001 - Home of DIE-HARD UT99 Fanatics! - UT99 will NEVER DIE here!!! - The SAFE UT Haven!
Home Page Play games in the arcade * * Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Hook's UT Place!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, On the OUTSIDE Looking In, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
If you do Not receive the Activation E-mail after registering, please e-mail the admin "Hook" at -> [email protected]

We ARE An ORIGINAL CLASSIC UT Site! - Since 8/11/2001

We Practice and Believe in Total TRUTH and ETHICS here!
Both in UT and in our Lives!
If you do not, we know of other places you can go!
This is the 'SAFE' Place for all good UT People!

CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} Our Fantastic - NEW AGE PRO-REDEEMER for 2014+ Server... (Has it ALL + QUALITY Maps also! - THE BEST in UT PRO-Redeemer Arena! with the Latest Exciting PRO-Redeemer mod)
IP = 68.232.181.236:7777

CROSSBONES Lucifurs Den {CLD} DM/ZARKv6/CTF/MONSTER HUNT/NALI WEAPONS III / NW3
IP = 68.232.183.18:7777

Home Page Home Page  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Hello to Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:53 am 
Mate
Mate

Have thanks: 118 time
Good to see another fan of UT99....Welcome to the forum :shark6:

DLD-RABBIT
DLD "Die Like Dogs" UT99 game clan
http://www.gametracker.com/clan/98.101.96.32/
http://ut99348demo.blogspot.com/
http://utdemo.freeforums.org/index.php
DLD-RABBIT has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:59 am 
Swabbie
Swabbie

Have thanks: 8 time
Welcome to Hook's Forum :tongue2:

DLD-Happy DLD UT99 348 Demo
DLD-Happy has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 am 
Deck Pirate
Deck Pirate

Have thanks: 48 time
Thanks, DLD members.

I salute those of you who had the courage to stand apart as independent thinkers & stay true to yourself and continue playing UT99 in realization that it IS the best game of the UT series.

I also salute those of you that didn't cave in to the brow-beating by any of the members of the so-called "communities" of the UT2kx crowd who kept telling us back in the day to "move on" & like myself gave them a big throbbing middle finger of defiance.

I love the irony of how those 2kx iterations are pretty much dead and UT99 outlasted them & thanks to some updated renderers and textures, UT99 looks graphically superior to UT2kx & seriously that's not a joke, it is a fact.

BRDEMPSEY69

Original UT OWNS !!!
BRDEMPSEY69 has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:41 pm 
*STAFF Administrator*
*STAFF Administrator*

Have thanks: 124 time
Highscores: 3
Be sure to also reg up and show your work at ut99.org mate ;)

Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)
UnrealGecko has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:08 am 
* HUTP UT Resource Guru *

Have thanks: 219 time
To not forget the topic: Welcome ! ... and now back to your question - my thoughts ?

Let me see: UT99 caught so many people because of low resources used and a good looking game.

For a remade of UT99 some of proposals are:
- quiting ideea of HD because will trigger aditional load and trust me only if you put a 10 MB mutator in a classic server you already have chances to see only lost players or someone who sleep on keyboard else nobody will play;
- for a kind of UT99 remade is simple: just fix all stupid Accessed Nones, extend some Pawn(ScriptedPawn) function(/s) to Game Core in order to let people to fix it(/them) (if Epic cannot fix their own... codes) - such example for people which knows some... let's say coding is DropInventory, GameThreat, PriorityObjective, FindSpecialAttractionFor, Died - Killed, CanStakeOut, etc. As you have seen they made such few things at Bot and nothing really cute for others, making MH impossible to be fixed without to recode everything;
- control player to not mock server with stupid craps loaded (configurable by admin) - probably option to destroy turd's settings and removal of bad files (configurable by advanced admins - will trigger admins to learn not only to talk craps doing dumb servers);
- reworking correctly engine deals with some stuff incompatible with Network Play (or is a bought engine because it seems they did not understand it well);
- implement a check into TournamentPlayer to quit stupid errors at handling old weapons when are pushed - they ruined things, they own a fix;
- the most of meshes need recreated correctly;
- probably another ton of fixes into those brushes (called maps), repathed, properly rebuilded, BlockAll is not a response.

= Nelsona =
It says: Follow the rules!
My answer: RULES, you got point.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:29 am 
Deck Pirate
Deck Pirate

Nelsona,

If I read you correctly about file size ( like you said about the 10 MB mutator ), then it is like I said elsewhere that the next UT that's supposed to be in the making cannot succeed because of the file size. The texture sizes alone are said to be a minimum of 4096 X 4096, which is graphical overkill. Add to that extra content for UT4 isn't going to be free, but instead, they are going to nickel and dime everyone to death. I don't see how that can be successful. Plus, mapping for that game is going to be tedious from what I've seen of the video tutorials -- same as it was for UT3. Too much fluff. Mapping for Unreal Engine 1 with Unreal Ed 2.0 is a pleasure just due to the sheer simplicity.

BTW, I'm already registered at UT99.org and probably will get around announcing it's release over there at some point.

BRDEMPSEY69

Original UT OWNS !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:24 pm 

Also to not forget, exist a few things solved in 451 releases, but still incomplete and new bugs brought into stage - Editor is f..ed up in a hard way.
I demand stopping amnesia during coding Engine because it is the heart of game near Core and is a serious work not a stupid joke... eh, Linux portation still need love (only reading troubles mentioned by people - I really don't want to get involved directly - LinuxCharFix ?? Timer ?? Other LOL crashes ??), adding back A.I. testing support (Navigation Aids) for everybody and delivering NetCode with less logs when things are OK and logs and broadcasting on Screen when things goes bad for debugging (not many people know and map A.I. - so is not a need to mock good things). I'm guessing more C++ codes can be speed up (exactly like I noticed into some UScripts doubled and working like a doggy slow), probably a timer fixation native implemented will be much better than a TickFix2 added as mutator, and... I did not used intensive integrated Web module but I guess is place for more (because is old as a grandma). Also certain things with pawns when goes bad Engine is not crashing properly to gain a restart, it is simply blocked and this behavior in in both Win and Linux environments (tested and proved) in this way turds can cause troubles even without to be admins. NO wander why crash Demo presuming server attack and other stupid things (of course mapping is the best ever thing... into dreams probably) - ENGINE is crashing itself due to self actions executed by the same engine in colaboration with fake coders - DONE. All routines from pawns need closed properly and stop using dumb logs as replacement for normal things. Removing annoying log from SpawnPoints because is just a SPAMPoint NOT an error.
Mover - some data is not replicated properly or simply a Net Code is missing native - I did not checked in detail - a thing is confirmed - A.I. cannot see well movers ON-Line.
Actors static the mostly should not be updated with 100 frequency because there is not a need to spam connection like that.
And more ?
At this moment I removed any kind of line calling word "Web" from all configurations - it runs smoother like butter - I'm not sure if I'll ever use it anymore. Decal as client-side can use some precache to avoid lags directly in client - just some love for UT99 and I'll bet it won't die soon.

= Nelsona =
Nelsona has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:30 am 
*Captain (Site Administrator)*
*Captain (Site Administrator)*

Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)
Have thanks: 472 time
Nelsona wrote:
- just some love for UT99 and I'll bet it won't die soon.

Well said my friends! (Dempsey also!) :drinktoit:

We, Hook's UT Place, are one of the First bastions of UT99, and will probably be one of the very last bastions of UT99!
Another would be Hermskii's place for sure also - and possibly UT99org if they keep the site up.

{CMM}Hook :hook: (Site Administrator)
Hopelessly Addicted to UT99 - Forums, Servers and Mapping for it!
Home of The PirateDeemerCMM :skullteethchat: PRO-Redeemer 2015
The MOST Advanced and Versatile New Redeemer mod ever - A UT FIRST! - Only Here!
Server: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM}
PRO-Redeemers / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers / FOOD FIGHT
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
Lakota - Culture and Spirituality

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:19 pm 
Deck Pirate
Deck Pirate

UT99 ain't going to be dying on my LAN network & you can bank on that. And here is why:

http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/view ... =41&t=2056

Nick_C and I played yesterday for the 1st time with NewNet installed and the difference was astounding. Nick is located in England and I'm in Montana in the U.S. and his ping when he connects to my UT Servers is around 200 and the difference was amazing. In CTF-Ranel, both of us just beat the living stuffings out of enemy bots & in CTF-Face, Nick seemingly couldn't miss when he was sniping from the middle tier in the tower.

Prior to installing NewNet, it seemed like a lot of our shots weren't registering on enemy bots ( especially with Flak Cannon primary ) and all along we'd been thinking it was because our aim stunk.

I'd recommend NewNet to anyone running a server using standard weapons.

BRDEMPSEY69

Original UT OWNS !!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 am 

I repeat here my thought related to NewNet. Ideea is:
- will cause strange effects as described at TheDanes's forum due to Network Real Ping;
- changes (probably unwanted - as side effect) aren't welcomed by people, some requests were to be changed back (fire-rate, damage, etc);
- Some normal projectiles now have errors;
- it looks like The deal with mover (lift) is now worst;
- looking a bit at current codes I noticed something (heat for me): An unexistent TeleporterFix ? - that's mythology, breaking A.I. Navigation is not one of my favourite things - Bot won't reach at you if path is missing, and disabling an old teleporter will break A.I. Navigation, so I intend to get rid of such "fix" - better delete brushes (aka map), nothing to lose. Else I can camp in a spot and Bot will mock around without to reach at me. A kind of fix for Teleporters might be a small mutator operating as in native AS-Rook with adding a slow kicker at teleporter rather than disabling it. Here probably exist different better solutions but this is what I think at this moment;
- in order to recompile (fix) them, certain stuff is missing for sure and also from packages meant for server not only source-code - kind of BP_Handlerxxx (whatever).

As long as generally stuff is somehow cute (more as ideea), I'm interested about server logs (I think I don't want to see such...).
At Danes I asked for full source-code because I wanna slap errors out as much as possible. Of course I'm not in a big hurry because I'm working at NsCTF2 and NsDM2, current homework is implementing Navigation Aids (Bot has advantage against human), so to speak is not a rush for NewNet at this very moment. For future when I'll be more relaxed, I'll take my time to check that stuff.

= Nelsona =

Last edited by Nelsona on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]